How to Setup VPN on Linksys Router ?
Linksys routers have gained popularity and a massive user base over the years. If you use a Linksys router to connect to the internet, then here’s a guide for you to configure a VPN on your Linksys router.
Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection
- Own a Linksys router that supports PPTP
- Have already signed up for a premium PureVPN account (sign up here, if you already haven’t)
Configuring Linksys VPN: Here is what you need to do to configure a VPN on Linksys router:
- Access router panel.
- Insert the following info:
- Click on Setup
- Then click on Basic Setup
- Select PPTP from drop down menu under Internet Connection Type
3 Insert the following details:
- Check mark on “Obtain an IP Address Automatically”
- For Server IP address, click here
- Now put “server IP address” into Server IP Address field.
- Insert your username & Password as provided by your VPN provider. (Important Note: Your email address is not your VPN login username.)
4. Scroll up, select ‘Save Setting’, after which you need to reboot for Linksys router for the settings to come into effect.